Sunday, October 30, 2011

BLOG FOUR: FARM TO FRIDGE AT LAGUARDIA

     The contents of the video was to show viewers what we are not suppose to know about our food. In the video it showed us the mistreatment of our meat poultry and dairy. I seen workers snapping the birds necks sticking them in garbage bags to suffocate. I seen workers cutting off cows tails the killing of cows also how piglets are castrated and many thrown against the floor to be killed. The contents of the video connect with my video project by the harsh treatment the animals go through. My video project is basically statistics on whether or not a student will pay more for an organic burger rather then a processed one and if the student is aware that there is no organic food within walking distanced of laguardia. The video shows factory farming it shows the harsh treatment our "food" goes through to get to our fridges. The dirty conditions that our food is in before it comes to us. I feel that the video helps to inform the students were interviewing what factory farming is what processed food is and also gives them a dose of reality when they watch the video, makes them open their eyes the way it made me open my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment